Vendor Approval Process
The following guidelines are intended to assist fundraising vendors interested in offering their program/services to a school or organization within the Canyons School District. The guidelines are also intended to provide schools and organizations with the expectations Canyons School District has for all fundraising vendors. For information about the district fundraising policy please visit Canyons School District’s Fundraising Policy.
Canyons School District requires all vendors to acquire authorization from the Canyons Education Foundation before contacting any school or organization. An approval letter may be granted after review of the following documents:
- A copy of the organization’s current Business License
- Application Fee of $50.00, payable to the Canyons Education Foundation (can be paid online at https://foundation.canyonsdistrict.org/donate/ – click the yellow button beneath “Education Foundation General Fund”)
- A completed fundraising application
- Product and program marketing literature
- Organization’s current Professional Fundraising Permit with the Utah State Department of Consumer Protections. Utah Code 13-22-2.11
- A Background Check on all vendor representatives who will be entering schools – there is no charge for this; visit https://volunteer.canyonsdistrict.org/volunteer/ to fill out a brief form, and allow up to a week for processing
A committee will assess the submitted documents. Once reviewed, the applicant will be notified of the committee’s decision to either grant an approval letter, or notification of denial from the Foundation office.
After receiving a letter of approval from the Canyons Education Foundation, vendors may set an appointment with the appropriate school personnel as a way to introduce themselves and their program/service. Vendor representatives should be professional in their demeanor and respectful of their potential client’s time. Vendors may not disrupt class time or school instructional time to contact school personnel.
Receiving an approval letter does not guarantee any vendor that a school or organization must meet with them, nor is it an endorsement of any product, service, or material. It is expected that all vendors will respect school administration and personnel and support an organization’s decision when it comes to choosing a fundraising program. Any violation of these expectations may result in a vendor losing the privilege of conducting business within Canyons School District.