Vendor Approval Process
The following guidelines are intended to assist fundraising vendors interested in offering their program/services to a school or organization within the Canyons School District. The guidelines are also intended to provide schools and organizations with the expectations Canyons School District has for all fundraising vendors. For information about the district fundraising policy please visit Canyons School District’s Fundraising Policy.
Canyons School District requires all vendors to acquire authorization from the Canyons Education Foundation before contacting any CSD school or organization. An approval letter may be granted after review and fulfillment of the following documents/Requirements/Disclosures:
- A copy of the organization’s current Business License
- Application Fee of $50.00 (payable to the Canyons Education Foundation)
- A completed Online Fundraising application
- Organization’s current Professional Fundraising Permit with the Utah State Department of Consumer Protections. Utah Code 13-22-2.11
- A Background Check on all vendor representatives who will be entering schools. There is no charge for this.
- Disclosure of the fee structure and details if there are different levels of service
- Disclosure of the accounting process at the school level, including how the team/school receives the funds raised, and what is required of the school finance secretary, principal, coach, or team sponsor
- Disclosure of online security procedures for student information
- Submit the parent permission slip that will be used; the Canyons District media release does not cover students participating in online fundraising. The permission slip will include the intent to take or use any team, individual, or group photo and any personally identifiable information.
Online fundraising entities must also agree to the following:
- No return emails can go to students’ personal email accounts; must instead go to a ‘dead’ email within the vendor’s system
- No individual student fundraising goal or amount that an individual raised will be shared on the website (i.e. no individual shaming). Only team goals/team totals can be shared.
A committee will assess the submitted documents. Once reviewed, the applicant will be notified of the committee’s decision to either grant an approval letter, or notification of denial from the Foundation office.
Once approval is given and background checks have been cleared, vendors may set an appointment with appropriate school personnel as a way to introduce themselves and their program/service. Vendor representatives should be professional in their demeanor and respectful of their potential client’s time. Vendors may not disrupt class time or school instructional time to contact school personnel.
Receiving an approval letter does not guarantee any vendor that a school or organization must meet with them, nor is it an endorsement of any product, service, or material. It is expected that all vendors will respect school administration and personnel and support an organization’s decision when it comes to choosing a fundraising program. Any violation of these expectations may result in a vendor losing the privilege of conducting business within Canyons School District.