*THE TEACHER INNOVATION GRANT APPLICATION WINDOW FOR 2016-2017 HAS CLOSED.
The Canyons School District Education Foundation is pleased to offer Foundation Innovation Grants to our district teachers. Grants are awarded to recognize and support excellence in teaching by providing funds — up to $10,000 — to enhance elementary, middle school and high school curriculum. Canyons District teachers are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to directly impact the classroom, encourage students and raise the bar on exemplary teaching methods.
All educators in Canyons School District are eligible to apply for funding to implement worthwhile and innovative projects related to student achievement. Teachers can apply for a funding from $1,000-$10,000. A grant request for funding of less that $1,000 should be loaded on DonorsChoose.org for private funding.
Individual teachers, as well as teams of teachers, may submit applications for project funding. If a team of teachers receives a winning grant, the equipment must stay in the school where the grant originated. If at anytime the District feels that the grant equipment is not in alignment with the academic mission of the district, the grant equipment may be evaluated for continued use.
The application window will begin the first day of school and are due by Friday, September 30, 2016 by 5:00pm. Grants will be awarded in November.
For questions concerning the application, contact Laura Barlow at 801-826-5178
- Awards will be based on the educational merit, as well as innovation, of the proposed project.
- Applications should be submitted electronically or through district mail.
- Funds cannot be used for food.
- The Foundation Innovation Grant Committee will consider all core-related applications.
- Reusable materials will become the property of Canyons School District.
- Funds must be spent during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Grant recipients must submit an outcome report and account for all funds spent.