Flyer Distribution Guidelines
The Canyons Education Foundation and Canyons School District have established the following guidelines and procedures for processing requests to distribute information to students, parents or District personnel.
All printed or electronic materials promoting events, community organizations, classes, and/or other services or products must receive District approval prior to being posted, displayed, or distributed to students or District employees.
Download the Guidlines here
Electronic Flyer Distribution: Involves a two-level fee structure
1. Distribution fee: Canyons School District
A. $100 per school
B. By grade band
- $1,000 — All Elementary Schools (15,418 students)
- $500 — All Middle Schools (7,679 students)
- $500 — All High Schools (9,714 students)
D. $500 — District Employees (6,000 est.)
Distribution Fee Exceptions:
· A business partner who offers free or non-conditional coupons (for all students) to be distributed to a student as an academic reward or incentive
· A governmental entity having an established inter-local agreement or partnership with the Canyons School District or Foundation
2. Posting Fee: Peachjar
Replaces the need for printed copies of the flyers. The pricing is determined by our contract agent (Peachjar), and is not to exceed $30 per school, per posting, per 30-day period.
Posting Fee Exceptions:
· Access and use of the contract agent’s e-flyer-management system shall be provided without charge to District staff, school staff, teachers, and parent organizations such as PTA, Foundation, etc. for the distribution of internal, noncommercial, school-related informational flyers
Submission of Electronic Flyers
Community organizations and business partners will be asked to upload flyers on the Peachjar website. Flyer content will be reviewed and approved based on adherence to District Rules and Guidelines.
The organization will be asked to do the following:
A. Create a user account with Peachjar
B. Register as an Enrichment Provider (Account Type)
C. Upload flyers: Peachjar
- Pay posting fees to Peachjar (fee info)
- District staff will review the flyer material and approve or deny based on stated Rules and Guidelines
- Peachjar site credits are given for denied flyers
- Call: 801-826-5171
- Office: Canyons Education Foundation, 9361 S 300 E, Sandy, UT 84070
Rules and Guidelines
1. Disclaimer: All materials must contain a disclaimer on the flyer with the following language: Distribution of these materials is in no way an endorsement by Canyons School District of services, activities, and/or products.
2. Identifying information: Flyers must contain information clearly identifying the sponsoring person(s) or organization(s) including web address and contact info.
3. Applicability to Intended Audience: Approval may only be given for information or activities appropriate for and directed towards the age of students attending the school(s) targeted for printed distribution.
4. School Principals: The school principal may ask for flyers to be taken down for various reasons. If so, Peachjar will add site credits for posting fees and the District will refund distribution fees accordingly.
Prohibited Flyer Material
- Interfere with the District’s educational objectives
- Compete with approved District programs
- Be obscene or libelous in nature
- Be contrary to the curriculum adopted by the District
- Advertise a product or service not permitted to minors by law
- Advertise for a political purpose or to influence a ballot proposition
- Advertise fundraising activities or contests for non-school organizations
- Advertise or solicit volunteers, internships or employment opportunities
- Advertise activities or services to students that occur during the regularly scheduled school day
- Advocate the violation of school regulations
- Discriminate against any person based on race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability or public assistance status