2023 Applications is Closed
Every year, the Canyons Education Foundation awards a Bright Star college scholarship to a senior at Alta, Brighton, Corner Canyon, Hillcrest, Jordan and Diamond Ridge high schools. Additionally, the Foundation funds a Rising Star college scholarship to one senior in the district who has “risen” above.
This year the award amounts have increased!
Bright Star award will be a total of $2,500 ($1,000 for the first year and $1,500 for the second year), the Rising Star award will be a total of $3,500 ($2,000 for the first year and $1,500 for the second year).
This change provides an incentive and encourages students to continue their post high school education.
The Bright Star Scholarship seeks to reward a senior from each high school in the district who has shown improvement or exemplary effort in working toward the goal of post-secondary education.
The Rising Star Scholarship will reward one senior from the district who has “risen” above difficult circumstances either in family life, financially, emotionally, scholastically, etc. and is still dedicating themselves to furthering their education.
All applications will be reviewed for both scholarships.
- Candidates must be a senior at a Canyons District high school and show acceptance into a college program.
- Applicant must complete the online scholarship application and submit all required information.
- Scholarship checks will be issued to the attending University or College and the recipient.
- Scholarship funds are for tuition, student fees or educational expenses.
- Application deadline is Wednesday, March 22, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- This award can be deferred for up to two years with notification.
- Scholarship winners will be recognized at the Canyons Education Foundation Gala on April 13, 2023. Winning recipients and one parent or guardian are requested to attend this evening event.