Canyons School District Advertising Program
Canyons District offers several opportunities to advertise your business, non-profit or event to our 34,000 students and their families and over 6,000 employees.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Advertising must be applicable to intended audience: Approval may only be given for information or activities appropriate for and directed towards the age of students attending the school(s) targeted for advertising.
Canyons does not:
- Allow paper flyers to be sent home
- Allow businesses or organizations to advertise during school hours or official events, including parent/teacher conferences
- Allow businesses to stand outside of our schools handing out flyers or promotional offers
ADVERTISING MATERIALS CANNOT:
- Interfere with the District's educational objectives
- Compete with approved District programs
- Be obscene or libelous in nature
- Be contrary to the curriculum adopted by the District
- Advertise a product or service not permitted to minors by law
- Advertise for a political purpose or to influence a ballot proposition
- Advertise fundraising activities or contests for non-school sponsored organizations
- Advertise or solicit volunteers, internships or employment opportunities for outside organizations
- Advertise activities or services to students that occur during the regularly scheduled school day
- Advocate the violation of school regulations
- Discriminate against any person based on race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability or public assistance status
Canyons School District Advertising Options
Canyons District offers several opportunities to advertise your business, non-profit or event to our 34,000 students and their families and over 6,000 employees. Canyons advertising guidelines may be viewed at https://foundation.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php/what-we-do/peachjar/28-peachjar/77-peachjar-guidelines. These guidelines apply to both eflyers and banners.
Peachjar Electronic Flyer system
Businesses and non-profits that are advertising events, products or programs that come with a cost to our families or employees may post their flyers directly to Peachjar and the District will receive notice to approve based on content. This is a paid advertisement service.
Canyons partners that offer free events, products or programs will also post to Peachjar, but may request that Canyons waive its distribution fee. This includes those who offer a significant discount to Canyons families and employees, including offers that give a percentage of sales/proceeds back to the Canyons Education Foundation to support our teachers and students.
Banners placed on Canyons property
(excluding sports and arts venues at high schools)
- 3-month banner placement $300/location
- 1-month banner placement $100/location
*if you have a field rental, please contact Susan Edwards (801) 826-5184 for special pricing.
Businesses and events that offer Canyons families and/or employees significant discounts may qualify as a “Canyons Deal” and be promoted on the Canyons Education Foundation website and social media. This includes offers that give a percentage back to the Foundation to support our teachers and students.
There are several District and Foundation events throughout the year that you can sponsor, including:
- Canyons Foundation Gala benefitting student scholarships and teachers grants
- Canyons Foundation Golf Tournament benefitting Teacher Innovation Grants
- Teacher of the Year celebration honoring top teachers in every school
All of the sponsors for these events receive, depending on sponsorship level, recognition at the event, Foundation and District social media recognition, and various other forms of advertisement. Sponsorship banners remain in schools for a full year.
For more information, please visit foundation.canyonsdistrict.org/events/ or call Denise Haycock at 801-826-5178.
Organizations with approved Field Rental Agreements through Canyons District receive an advertising discount of 50% off regular Peachjar and banner fees. * Discounted prices are as follows:
- $50 Peachjar flyer, per school (Peachjar fee of about $30 still applies)
- Banner credit of $50 for 1 month or $150 for 3 months
Field and facility rentals are coordinated through Mishele Mitchell 801-826-5039 or visit https://rentals.canyonsdistrict.org/home.
High schools have other advertising opportunities as fundraisers. Contact each school individually to learn more about:
- Venue banners
- Student directories
- Programs for performing art events